November 7, 2011

words...

Sometimes there are no words. That is a rare occasion for me... but it does happen. I have been without words lately, then I start writing and the words just come.

 I've learned lately that I can't always be in control, I have to put my faith in God. God knows our beginning, our middle, and our end and truly wants the best for us, he is our Father. We must have the faith to recognize it, believe it, and live it. As much as we think we know what is best for us, only our Lord knows our future and how to get us there. We may go through trying and heart wrenching times to get there, but we must maintain a faithful and soft heart during these times. If we harden ourselves toward God, or a certain situation, He cannot mold our hearts. We must remain pliable, so that God can guide us and form us into the person we are meant to be to fulfill His will. The hardest part about this is finding peace. Faith and peace comes when we surrender our lives to God, and hand him full control.

I'm stepping back. I've given my troubles, my life, and my heart to God. It may be difficult to do at times, but placing your hope in a perfect God is a better decision than giving your life to an imperfect and weak human. God continually shows this to be true in ways we can’t even fathom and hope placed in him does not disappoint. I’m not sure we can say the same about hope placed in others, or ourselves.

It is normal to take time to evaluate our life at some point, and make sure that we are on the right course. But that is not something we can decide independently. We must go to God and pray that every area of our lives is pleasing and glorifying Him. Without involving God in the inspection of our lives, we are making ourselves more important than Him, by believing that we know what is best for us. I have felt so ashamed that I have attempted to be in complete control of my life, thinking that God doesn't have time for every teeny tiny area of my life, but this isn't true. God knows us inside in out. Although he knows every aspect of our lives, he is overjoyed when we invite Him into our hearts, even if it is into somewhere he hasn't been present in a long time. When there is a get together and "everyone" is invited, don't you feel all the more special when you receive a personal invite? That means there is no question that you are welcome and wanted there. This is how God feels in our lives. He already knows everything that is going on and He is always there, but when we find the time to invite Him in to specific and intimate parts of our lives, His joy blesses us in ways we could never imagine.

It is never too late. If you have withheld a certain area of your life from the Lord, or just haven't been sure how to let him in, you aren't helpless! Just talk to God, ask Him to come into that part of your life, whether it is a relationship, a hobby, or school, ask Him to come in and make things new. He will give you hope and restore this part of your life to make it something it has never been before. I recently did this. I realized that I had been living most of my life with every intention of giving God control, but never actually surrendered control to Him. So I'm asking the Lord to take on my worries, anxieties, and stress and carry me through to the other side. Life falls apart sometime, but God is the ultimate healer. He makes all things new...

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment