February 20, 2011

catching up.

Catching up is always satisfying. During the past few weeks that's exactly what I've done- caught up. I caught up with workouts and finally found my love for running again. I caught up with school work and spring break is almost in sight! I caught up on some quality time with my boyfriend over the few snow days we had and a sweet little Valentine's day. And last but not least, spent an amazing weekend catching up with best friends. Even though the feat of catching up is never complete- it's life. Always working on a project, fixing something, playing phone tag with friends and family, forgetting something, misplacing things, breaking something, running errands, and so on... But in all that, I discover my passion for creativity, what a thrifty and independent girl I can be, how much I miss and love the important people in my life, when not to sweat the small stuff, and most of all how to uncover God's little miracles and hellos in every area of my life.

The other night I was so frustrated after a long day and I went on a run to relieve some stress, on the last stretch of my run I stumbled upon a breathtaking sunset. It was so crazy that the sunset could be so beautiful, when I was seeing it from a little dirt road that runs through a farm in south arkansas. It was like God was reminding me that there was still beauty in the world. After all the stress from the little notes I scratch down in my planner to the worries of the day, its easy to only see the disappointing things and the things you didn't get around to finishing that day. But on that sweet little Friday afternoon, God reminded me of the beauty. He showed me how the sun sinking beneath the winter pines can warm your heart and ease your mind, even on the chilliest of February days.

I remembered at that moment, that no matter what I do or don't get caught up on throughout the week, I have one constant. God. I always make it out to be some huge deal to catch up with God. I really should remember He already knows the ups and downs we experience daily, He's just waiting for us to turn to Him for the advice and comfort we're looking for, instead of looking for it in all the wrong places. Venting is always a sure way to ease your mind, so why not vent to God in order to straighten out all your thoughts. He's the one who created our minds in the first place, so who better to understand?

Running is most definitely going to be scheduled into my daily routine. It make's me feel great and gives me that little alone time to catch up with my God. I took a picture of that beautiful sunset on my phone- but have yet to upload it to the computer... so I found this instead. This picture is absolutely stunning and makes me want to get outside! If it weren't so late I'd go run right now. But this picture does the job- it shows the simplicity and beauty of a dirt road and God's handywork.
So....catching up- regardless of how many things get crossed off, it still seems like the to do list in my planner is growing. Here goes nothing, tomorrow is Monday and begins another week, which will inevitably end with my trying to catch up with school, work, friends, or another something... it's always something. Always running.. story of my life. But I'm learning to love it more everyday. :)

Until next time,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment