February 5, 2011

Unplugged, unamused, yet still alive :)

I started this blog because I like to write. I'll admit I'm not the most talented or vivacious writer, like a certain friend of mine, however I enjoy journaling and seeing my thoughts out in front of me. A blog just seemed like a great thing for a girl in her 20s to do. So I've gone from avid blog reader to beginner blog writer. For the 3 or 4 people who actually do read this, I'll go ahead and apologize for my lack of dedication. As I already know I won't be blogging frequently. This will just be a new outlet for my thoughts :)



So... after days of contemplation I did it. I deactivated my Facebook. I'm not one of those people who are super against technology taking over our lives or anything. I just realized how much I was living through my computer. It was like I couldn't remember what my life was like before my Facebook page. I constantly was worried about what was or wasn't on my Facebook, whether it be my current relationship status, unflattering pictures tagged of me, or silly comments on my wall. I had forgotten that I am actually a person aside from that page. I can still enjoy getting ready and dressing up even if there won't be a picture taken of me. I can still have deep thoughts, questions, or opinions without sharing them with everyone I know on Facebook.

I really realized how much Facebook had taken over when I got a new phone with a handy little Facebook app on it. making it so much easier and convenient to keep tabs on. Also, I started ignoring the people I was around, sorry B, because I was too busy checking status updates or checking out people's pictures. I realized that I wasn't living my life. I was simply checking in on other people's when I got the chance.

I mean don't get me wrong, Facebook is great. I mean I'm a junior in college and I'm at my 3rd university, so obviously I have a few friends I try to keep in touch with and fb helps SO much! Also it's nice when we get caught up in our own busy lives to check in on friends without having to play phone tag for a week before we get the chance to catch up. This little Facebook free journey should be interesting. I've gone to the links of having my boyfriend change my password so I can't reactivate it. Can you say ridiculous? Yep, that's me! Meanwhile I'm unamused with this whole process, but I'm hoping it will help me be more productive with my freetime.

Other than schoolwork, email, and this blog. I'm going to try to stay off my laptop and try to spend more time soaking up my life. More time in my Bible, other books, and spending time with the precious people in my life and not just a photo and newsfeed of them :) I know most of you think that I'm beyond ridiculous for this, but don't lie... in some way, shape, or form you are/ have been addicted to technology too! So here I go... off to enjoy my Facebook free life.

Until next time..  :)
G

No comments:

Post a Comment