March 8, 2011

free.

Today has been one of those days... BLAH. I woke up to weather that makes your hair frizz no matter how much anti-frizz hairspray you use, rain falling with wind blowing (the kind that makes it impossible to cross campus with your umbrella intact), and not to mention hitting that wall tonight during my run. I got to that moment where I couldn't take another step...no motivation what so ever!

But I would have to say the hardest part of today was coming across someone who completely challenged my Christian character. No one is perfect, especially me, but you know those people who make it so so SOOOO much harder to be a good person? Well I came across one today. They completely pushed my buttons, tested my temper, and plucked away the last piece of positivity I was clinging to today. I literally had to sit in my car, pull out my Bible, and say a prayer. This is what I read...

1 Peter 3:8-12 
 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For,
   “Whoever would love life
   and see good days
must keep their tongue from evil
   and their lips from deceitful speech.
They must turn from evil and do good;
   they must seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
   and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
 It is SO hard to "kill with kindness", which is basically what we are being taught from this verse, but that was my lesson today. That's what God taught me. In the 8 minutes or so minutes I sat in my car before class, I learned that it is so much more rewarding to be kind and please the Lord, than to put action to our negative thoughts and feed our bitterness. I just want to live life FREE.
FREE OF NEGATIVITY AND BITTERNESS.



I hope that this little tid bit from my day will help you when you come across any negativity in your life :) Thanks for letting me vent...
Until next time,
-G

No comments:

Post a Comment