March 10, 2011

thoughtful thursday

    Something can only make you as happy as you allow it to. This is something it's taken me years to realize. I once held the mindset that what I have isn't good enough and I wanted something different. Whether considering my clothing, my lifestyle, my body, my job, or my relationships, I always wanted more. I was always wanting something different, which I assumed meant better. However, I was wrong.
   The problem was I was spending all my time trying to enjoy what I didn't have and never would. I either day dreamed or pushed the limits to get things that were not and could not be mine. Instead of enjoying the things in my life for what they are and uncovering their beauty and worth, I constantly told myself that my life wasn't good enough. I told myself it could be better.
   I have now learned to take things for what they are. Everything and everyone has a meaning and a value. Everything has a purpose. God has me where I am supposed to be and has provided me with more than I could ever need, so why should I keep wanting more? I've learned to not take the things in my life for granted, because they may not always be there. I need to cherish the people and relationships God has given me and give them every part of me.
    What I have didn't make me happy in the past, because I never gave it the chance to, my attention was always focused on something else. Now, I am happy. I recognize the things God has put in my life for the blessings they are.

 SMILE. Be thankful for this season in your life.

Until next time...
G

No comments:

Post a Comment