March 23, 2011

spring breakin'

So, this year's spring break is definitely a little different than the ones I have had before. This year I spent the first few days relaxing. On Saturday me and B took our chocolate lab Kate to Little Rock and climbed Pinnacle Mt. -SO much fun!
[me and kate at the top!]
 We spent a great day hanging out in Little Rock Saturday, visited family camping at White Oak Lake on Sunday, and relaxed a lot on Monday & Tuesday. The relaxing consisted mostly of fishing and watching episode after episode of Greek on Netflix.
[can i please say that Netflix is the best thing EVER.]

Now that my spring (1/2) break is over and Wednesday is here... I'm back to work. Oh, the life of a working college girl. But it's okay! I wasn't complaining when this precious little number arrived on my doorstep via F21.

[Yes, I'm addicted to online shopping. So what?]

And as you know, floral is a weakness of mine :) So anyways, the rest of the break will be spent working at the gym and hanging out with Kate. B managed to escape South Arkansas for the rest of the week to go on a canoe trip, must be nice... eh? haha Kidding! I'm excited he's getting a break from his hectic pre-vet schedule!

So amidst all the spring break chillaxin' and my birthday creeping around the corner, other worries have been coming up. Dealing with everyday stress is enough, but sometimes things can get complicated and overwhelming. This verse is the banner hanging in my head that helps me enjoy the simple things while not stressing over the problems inevitably popping up here and there:

1 Peter 5: 5-7

"In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. "

God wants me to throw all my worries on Him. I'm not supposed to handle it all alone. I need to avoid a prideful attitude and admit that I cannot do it by myself. In His own time, God will decide how to take care of my problems. The key point is that HE will decide in HIS own time. My life is according to His plan, not my own. I don't have to worry, because I know my God will never let me down. In the meantime, I just have to pray with a humble and selfless heart. I need to present my requests and anxieties to Him all the while understanding that I cannot expect help how and when it is convenient for me, but instead how it relates to God's plan for my life. I'm casting all my worries on the Lord today and starting fresh when I wake up. I find comfort knowing that He cares for me.

Until next time,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment